history of Jesolo

It was founded as a small Roman village under the dependency of Altino with the name “Equilio”, due to the horse breeding in the area.

It was a strategic place for Venice’s trade in the mainland and was established as a municipality by Napoleon I on 22.12.1807 with the name “Cavazuccherina”, becoming Jesolo only in 1930 by Royal Decree of the then King Vittorio Emanuele III.

At the beginning of the 20th century the Jesolo area underwent major reclamation works that made it fruitful for the birth of tourism.

Jesolo, scarred by both Great Wars, first found itself on the defensive line created by the Italian army to stop the Austro-Hungarian advance towards Venice, and then from 1943 to 1945 it was occupied by German troops. Remains of forts and trenches can still be found in several places along the coastline and inland.

Another event proved this city’s ability to re-emerge: the 1966 flood.

The waters came to submerge large areas of Jesolo Paese and Lido, including the one where the TERMINI Beach Hotel & Suites stands, which was built a few years ago and was engulfed by the sea water, which swelled for days and risked collapsing. Indelible moments printed in the minds of those who lived through those days.

Jesolo soon recovered and experienced the years of the economic-tourist boom, becoming a popular destination for celebrities from the worlds of entertainment and sport.

The nineties saw the birth of a major redevelopment project for the Jesolo area signed by a world-famous Japanese architect, Kenzo Tange.
Hence the turn in an ultra-modern direction for Jesolo’s image and functionality.

Once upon a time there was a village, a deserted beach, a natural paradise on which the waves of the Adriatic Sea washed over. Now there is an avant-garde City, with skyscrapers reflecting the sky, full of colour and light, but whose soul still remains that unique sea and golden sand.

Jesolo, a City in nature.

A LONG TRADITION

Since 1962, the story of a long family tradition and today a historic venue of Veneto commerce. Our first 60 years coincide with the recognition of the TERMINI Beach hotel as a historic place of commerce by the Veneto Region.

This recognition is awarded to businesses that meet very stringent requirements, and among these are being open to the public for at least 40 years and having artistic or historical value for the locality in which they operate.

A double goal that we have achieved thanks to commitment and sacrifice, but above all thanks to our loyal guests and collaborators.
We hope that we can continue to convey to you our confidence in the future that pushes us year after year to look beyond the horizon of a beautiful sea in front of us.